of India (SFI)
Looking for a memorable surf experience in India?
ASHRAM SURF RETREAT INCLUDES?
- We have everything you need for you to learn to surf on your surf travel right here at Mantra Surf Club, clean rooms, high speed Wi-Fi, first class home cooked vegetarian meals, ashtanga yoga, and professional equipment for all your adventure sports needs.
- All our members here at the Ashram Surf Retreat are internationally certified volunteers who only accept room and board as compensation. Any excess funds generated by our surfing businesses are used to maintain the surf ashram and help in the Surfing Swami Foundation non profit activities.
- Can't make it but you would like to help? Checkout our Surfing Foundation to see how the members of Indias’ original Surf Ashram are helping make a difference in the lives of our local boys and girls.
- Contact us here toda
COME SURFING WITH MANTRA SURF CLUB
- Surf Lessons with our International (ISA) Certified Surf Instructors
- 3-Day & 5-Day Surf Lesson Packages available.
- Private or Group Surf Lessons available. We cater to students, corporate trips, family vacations, and much more!
- Enjoy our secluded and private beach to relax or learn surfing at.
- Surfboard rentals available, of all sizes.
- Contact us today for more information!
PRACTICE ASHTANGA YOGA WITH US
- Welcome to one of the most extraordinary yoga retreats in India. If you like yoga and surfing, our retreat on India's Arabian Sea harmonizes both together.
- We offer Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga classes, with our dedicated and well experienced instructors. South India is beautiful and just the place to plan your next adventure.
- Relax, reflect, recharge. Yoga and surf is an out of this world combination, and here at India’s Original Surf Ashram you can do both.
- Find out more here!
SUNSET STAND UP PADDLE (SUP) SESSIONS
- SUP (Stand Up Paddle) is one of the fastest growing water sports in the world. Come and experience this fun sport with us in a totally unique environment.
- SUP (Stand Up Paddle) boards, complimentary with your stay at our Ashram Surf Retreat.
- Paddle out during some of our epic sunset sessions on the Shyambhavi River.
- SUP board rentals also available for our non-staying guests and day-surfers.
INDIA SURF TOURS
- We're India's premier surf tour operators that organise surf travels along India's vast coastline and it's virgin islands of Andamans & Lakshadweep. We have a lot of experience in handling pro-surfers, magazines, and film makers over the years. We are professionally geared up to make your experience smooth, fun and totally worthwhile.
- For the ultimate surf adventure travel experience, book our exclusive surf packages to the Andamans and Lakshadweep. We'll take you to some of the world's best surf spots with no crowds or fuss.
- Learn more here to book your very own private India Surf Tour!
Hmmm... What's the latest surf news in India?
Latest Surf News
The Indian Open of Surfing is Karnataka’s first ever surfing festival to happen on May 27th-29th, during the pre-monsoon swell. The festival will be presented by Karnataka Tourism, Government of Karnataka and will be located at Sasithithlu Beach, Karnataka. The event will include 3 days of National Surfing, Stand Up Paddling and Body Boarding competitions attracting surfers from all over India.
From the age of eight, Shamanth Kumar was destined to be a waterman. Surfing Swami is one of the pioneers of the Indian surfing scene. Having come to India in the 70s, he's surfed the entire east and west coastline of India. And like his name suggests, he's a real swami with insights in the Vedic sciences with a modern context perspective is priceless. Article by Surfing Swami on 25 March 2014